Monday, May 3, 2010

Easter!

Ok, so I know Easter was a month ago, but I never got a chance to post these...so here goes.  I sang in the Easter choir for church (we only have a choir twice a year) and it brought back memories of the good old days in high school.  I really enjoyed singing, and I got to meet some more people from church too!  My parents and brother, Joey, were out of town in Florida, so we hosted Easter at our house.  My brother John came, along with my Gram, aunt Rachel, Aunt Martha & Uncle John, as well as their children (Sara/Wes - w/daughter, Emma, Mary, Matthew/Renee, David).  A good time was had by all.  Martha even set up an Easter Egg Hunt for the kiddos - eggs filled with goldfish and animal crackers (what a good idea!)

Thankfully, my mom was on top of things, and brought over Easter Egg dye and the kids colored eggs.  Jackson pretty much just threw the eggs into the mugs, splashing dye all over mom, but it sounds nicer to say that they "colored" eggs.

The kids LOVED finding eggs all over the yard.  Jack would find one egg and open it up, examine the contents, sample it, and then go look for the next one - hence, he ended up with about 3 eggs.  Georgia, on the other hand, flitted about the yard, scooping up as many eggs as her little hands could gather.  We had to make sure that she saved a few for Jackson and cousin Emma.
 
Georgia, Emma, and Jackson waiting to hunt for eggs.  They could barely be contained, as seen in the annoyed look on Georgia's face.  Jackson, as usual, is up for whatever. :)

No comments: