Thursday, November 26, 2009

Emory June

So sweet.
Here she is!
Nana gettting to hold Emory for the first time.Daddy giving his newest girl some lovin'
Just a few minutes after she was born!

We are so blessed to welcome Emory June Coffey into the world on November 24th, 2009 at 11:26pm. She weighed 8 lbs 0 oz, and was 19.4 inches long! I felt my first contractions on Monday evening, and felt them throughout the night. Brian stayed home from work on Tuesday because I was still having contractions pretty regularly. We got out and about a bit in the morning, trying to stay active and keep labor moving along. Brian said that when I was having a contraction at the mall, some women looked at me like they knew exactly what was going on - I didn't really care what anyone thought, just was focused on breathing through it. :) When we got home, the kids took a great nap (thank you, Jesus!) and I tried to lay down too. That was good for me to get some rest before things got really intense. I went for a walk when I got up. I got home and the kids were up and we were all going to talk a walk together to drop the kids off at Nana and Poppy's. I was having a lot of contractions, so Brian walked the kids down and I went around the block. Every 15-20 steps I would feel a contraction and lean against a tree to breathe through it. One of our neighbors was out doing her Christmas decorations and I just walked up to a tree in her yard and leaned against it to breathe, and then kept walking afterward. I am sure it was a bit interesting to her, but I was not really in a place to explain. By the next contraction I heard Brian running down the hill and he was behind me rubbing my back and talking me through it. We headed back home to labor there more. My contractions were 6-8 minutes apart, but pretty intense 90 sec - 2 mins long.

Ok, Em J has to eat, more to come soon.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Emory is so gorgeous. congrats you guys! what a blessing.

Ali said...

You are amazing. And she is beyond gorgeous.

janet said...

Simplesemente Adorable! Thanks for sharing these initial glimpses! We are overjoyed for and with you all! xo

Deni said...

Love the name! I've always loved Emory and I think it fits her perfectly! She is beautiful! Can't wait to meet her!

kristin said...

CONGRATULATIONS! :) she's gorgeous :)

can you believe that our third came the same day? i was thinking in my head "i wonder when molly's bundle of joy came?" and hopped on here to find that it was the same day! crazy. hope all is going well, and maybe the two little birthday twins can meet over Christmas

Unknown said...

Hi there! Congratulations! Can't wait to see you all and hug you myself! Love, Auntie Mary Ann

Unknown said...

Molly and Brian Georgia and Jackson,
I'm just so thrilled that Emory June is here and so fine. Can't wait to see her. Love ya lots, Mombo