Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas - I know, a little late!

Well, Christmas came with a bang at the Coffey household. It started out with Brian's brother Justin, and his wife Allison coming up from Tennessee on their way to New York to see Allison's family.
Allison, Emory, Georgia, Justin, and Jackson

We celebrated with our Lifegroup from church - how can you not have a good time when you have 14 adults and 14 kids all in the same place?!?
Too many people to name! We are so blessed by our church, Vista.

Brian's mom arrived on the 23rd - her first time meeting Emory. Georgia had been asking for Grandma every day the week leading up to this. We went to Mombo's (my dad's mom) for Christmas Eve. Santa made his annual appearance, with mixed reviews from our kids. Georgia would sit on his lap, but just long enough to get her candy - that's momma's girl!
Ahh, the spoils!

Jackson would hardly sit on his lap long enough for me to snap this photo. I have a feeling that this experience will require counseling later on in life.

EmJ sat on his lap in the arms of my mom. There was no lack of attention for her with both grandmas and 2 great-grandmas around.

Jackson eating his candy - he has a sweet tooth like mama.

The family photo - It looks like we are at the White House or something!

Georgia opening her gift at Mombo's. Upon seeing its contents (baby dolls), she exclaimed...

"But I wanted a dress!" Yes, loud enough for all of the relatives to hear...I guess that is part of being 3. Thankfully, to both the relief of mommy and Georgia, she received a beautiful princess dress like the one she was seeing all of her cousins open.

Jackson woke up first on Christmas morning. He still has no clue about gifts, etc., so he just had some good "only child time" with mommy and daddy.

I love this face that Jack makes - like, "Oh mom, you already told me I was cute today!"

Emory got to spend some quality time with Grandma.

Jackson (thanks to my cousin, Julie) got a tool set for Christmas. Georgia was the big sister showing him how to do things.

The girls wore matching jammies - I had polka dot pj pants too - so sweet!

It was a wonderful Christmas. Georgia is starting to understand that we celebrate because it is Jesus' birthday. When I told her that we should make him a birthday cake, she said, "Yeah, but he can't eat it, because he is a baby so he can only have milk. You forgot, mommy!" Smart girl.

No comments: