Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Latest...

Here are the latest goings on around here...

Well, the famous mullet pictures have finally arrived! Sorry it took so long to put them up, but Georgia had taken - and hidden - my camera. She then forgot where she put it. When I found it under the tree skirt when we took down our Christmas tree, I asked Georgia where she put my camera, to which she responded, "I don't know". When I told her that I found it under the tree, a look of epiphany came on her face. She said, I put it in the back of the tree. Ha. Anyway, here are the pictures of what happens when your 3 year old gets a hold of the scissors.

Yup, both sides got hacked.
We took her to Amber (our friend who does hair) after a call to her of desperation. I think that my exact words were "Amber, I am having a hair emergency! HELP!" I'm not going to lie, I may have shed a tear - I have worked hard to grow this hair out for 3 1/2 years!!! We brought Georgia in the following day and Amber did as much damage control as possible. I hated taking her in because, as you can see, Georgia LOVES to get her hair cut! It almost felt like I was rewarding her for chopping her hair.
Well, the final product!!! Amber did a phenomenal job and what she couldn't cover we just stick a big bow there.

Brian and Georgia went to Tennessee to take care of some things for our family as well as visit Uncle Justin and Aunt Allison. They also saw Aunt Chay. They had a wonderful time. Alli taught Georgia to sing that Gap commercial song: "I love my comfy sweater! How cute are these boots!" While our daughter can be cute doing just about anything, let me just state for the record that I despise that commercial!!! While it is very catchy, I do NOT want my child to be one of these girls in a few years. If you haven't seen it, click here to watch. Here is Georgia's rendition.

While they were gone, Jackson, Emory and I had a relaxing time. It is amazing how removing one child from the family equation makes things seem so much more calm. Jackson was so sweet to EmJ, sharing his cars with her - he usually is willing to share them with no one! He really wanted her to hold them in her hands (as you can see at the end of the video).

2 comments:

Deni said...

Love the Georgia version of the Gap commercial, I hadn't ever seen it!

:)

kristin said...

sounds like you've been busy! i have been meaning to Email you about when to meet up with you (since we didn't get to over the holiday!) and don't have an Email for you. help!