Friday, June 4, 2010

Scary.

Not too long ago, we had that experience that every parent dreads.  We were hanging out with our lifegroup on our back porch when our neighbor came around and said, "There's been an accident.  Georgia is in the ambulance and they are on their way back to your house."  Brian and I hear only "Accident.  Georgia.  Ambulance."  Ellie, our next door neighbor, was watching Georgia and Jackson and had taken them back to the park.  I got through my head that they were on the way to our house, but why were they not here yet?  We waited for what seemed like an eternity for the ambulance to arrive.  It was not coming, not coming, not coming.  Thoughts were running through my head like, 'What if it is worse than they thought and they are taking her to the hospital?  What if, what if, what if?'  So, I did what any irrational mother would do in my situation - if the ambulance would not come to me, I would go to it.  I started walking up the hill from our house toward the direction I knew the ambulance would have to come to go to our house.  I finally spotted it down the street and they stopped to let me on.  Georgia was doing ok - a little upset, but handling it ok.  She was trying to climb on the jogging stroller and fell off and cut her head.  It is pretty amazing how much blood can come out of a tiny little cut on a 3-year-old head.  Ellie, our poor babysitter, did a great job taking care of everything.  Although Georgia had a rough time, I would say that it was probably the best night of Jackson's life.  He hopped off the ambulance at home saying, "Truck!  Amb-be-ence!"  Well, Georgia was fine, more scared than anything.  When I was putting her to bed that night, she said "The ambulance was pretty fun.  They didn't have to give me a shot.  I was cried a little because I was a little scared."  I could not say enough about the paramedics that helped her.  They invited us back to the firestation that weekend to see the trucks.  Here are the pics from our visit.

2 comments:

Ali said...

SCARY! Poor gal. Thank God is nothing more than a cut.

Ali said...

Let me try that again.

"Thank God it was nothing more than a cut."

Note to self: it + was does not equal is.